Preparing to Sell Your Home? Ask an Expert About Your Home Flooring Options

Added value to home with new flooring

New carpet feels wonderful on bare feet and is also comfortable to walk on in general. Furthermore, carpet can provide warmth during those cold winter months. When cared for properly, quality carpet can last for several years and can add to a home’s decor.

Have you visited a carpet or flooring store recently? If so, you’re probably aware of the benefits of new carpet. During the spring of 2015, 60.14 million Americans reported that they had visited a carpet store over the past year. These individuals lived in households that were shopping for carpet or other floor covering options.

A recent survey on flooring preferences showed that while 44% of those polled prefer carpet for their bedrooms, the remaining 56% preferred hardwood. Since many people love to decorate with area rugs, it’s possible that this is one of several reasons for this preference.

If you’re in the process of putting your house on the market, you might be interested in the results of a recent survey conducted with real estate professionals. It was found that 94% of these experts recommend making an investment in flooring.

Brokers estimate that when home sellers invest approximately $600-to-$900 in flooring, that their return in value can be up to $2,000. Depending on the initial costs, this may amount to double the amount of your investment.

While there are many benefits of new carpet, were you aware that some individuals will pay more for a house that already has hardwood floors?

The recent flooring survey showed showed that 54% of future buyers prefer hardwood to carpet. So, if you’re planning to invest in new carpet prior to putting your house on the market, you may want to reconsider this choice.

When it comes to kitchen flooring choices, 90% of the homeowners surveyed prefer hardwood or tile. The remaining homeowners’ first choices include cork, laminate, linoleum, or vinyl.

If you’re considering vinyl for your kitchen remodel, there are two types: sheet and tile flooring. You will, however, be able to choose from three types of finishes:

    Vinyl no-wax finish
    Urethane finish
    Enhanced urethane finish

On of the many benefits of vinyl flooring is that it wears well and is quite durable. Another benefit is that many manufacturers offer 15-year warranties. In some cases, these companies may provide longer warranty periods. Furthermore, if your vinyl floor is properly installed and maintained, it can last for 20 years or even longer.

Whether you’re shopping for new flooring to make an investment in your home’s resale value or are doing so to enhance your comfort and surroundings, a flooring expert can assist you with making the right decision. When it comes to the benefits of new carpet versus hardwood flooring, you may also want to discuss this with your real estate agent when selling.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Baltimore

From Ocean City to the Beltway this web site brings news, weather and financial information for Baltimore. We'll also run a few articles about topics that you will find fun to read.

Inspect These Homes!

Post Calendar

December 2016
M T W T F S S
« Nov   Jan »
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031