These days, metal roofing services are becoming increasingly popular in the United States. They are more durable than other types of roofing materials. Are metal roofs more energy-efficient than shingles? They are more energy-efficient than shingles, making them a great choice for people who want to go green and cut back on their energy usage. Metal roofs do not need to be painted or stained like other roof materials, so they can last much longer without requiring any maintenance.
They are a great choice for people who want to add a storm shelter to their homes. Also, metal roofs offer more protection from storms, and they are more energy-efficient when compared to other types of roofing materials. Metal roofs also are an excellent choice because they come with a variety of benefits. They are not only strong and durable but also offer a great aesthetic appeal to the home when good metal roofing service is done. Are metal roofs hail resistant? Yes, metal roofs have a long lifespan and lower maintenance costs as compared to other roofing alternatives.
Are steel roofs good? Steel roofing has been gaining popularity over the years because it lasts much longer than other materials used for roofing. Are tin roofs cheaper than shingles? A steel roof can last up to 50 years, whereas asphalt shingle roofs only last about 12-15 years on average. Steel also stands up well against extreme weather conditions such as tornadoes, hurricanes, and hail storms.
Some people prefer to use a metal roof on their home rather than any other type of material. A metal roofer is sure to see a lot of business in some areas because of the advantage of metal roofs over shingles. People will clamor to get the kind of materials that they need to make for the very best experience possible in their living space, and many are discovering that a metal roof is a good solution for them.
Advanced metal roofing and siding are useful for those who want to take things a step farther and really plow some money and some excellent materials into their roof. It is a great truth that investing in your roof now will pay off dividends in the future.
When you start to look into projects like this, don’t forget to look up the aluminum roof shingles cost as well as aluminum roof vs shingles costs. You need to have a full slate of information related to what kind of price you can expect to pay for various roofing options in order to make the most informed decision. You wouldn’t believe how many people out there are not able to get their roofing done correctly simply because they just don’t have the proper information regarding the costs of their roofing projects.
Metal roofs are also better for the environment. The cooler metal shingles can reduce your power bill by 25%. There is a requirement that roofs with metal shingles be made with at least 25% recycled materials. Moreover, when an asphalt roof is replaced, the old roof ends up in a landfill. When metal shingles are added to make a metal roof, they can go directly over the old roof creating much less waste. If you are thinking about what the best roof for your house is, think about metal roofs. They are extremely durable, lasting 30 to 50 years (at least that is as long as most warranties). Contrast that with an asphalt roof, which only lasts 10 to 20 and you are getting ore bang with your buck from the metal. Having a metal roof can also lower your homeowner’s insurance by as much as 35%.
So if now that you know the advantages of metal roofing and want to purchase one, here are some tips.
- Get the roof with the right channels. Metal roofs have channels or valleys to direct water off of the roof after rain. Much like gutters, these will fill up with pine needles, snow, leaves, and other items that can clog them up leading to leaks, which cause a host of other problems most homeowners would like to avoid. Traditionally, these are closed systems. There is a self-cleaning alternative that washes all of the water and junk to the top of the roof where it can be easily removed later.
- Don’t forget the warranty! While the fact that warranties for these products last between 30 and 50 years speaks volumes about their durability, sometimes there are flaws in the particular products you purchase and having the protection will give you much better peace of mind and should the unlikely problem occur, will save you money. You should purchase warranties for the materials, the metal shingles, metal roofing company, installation, and final roof.
- How good is your attic ventilation system? When your roof is off, you can get a good look at your attic’s ventilation system. How old is it? How well is it holding up? This is a good time to repair any problem areas or replace the whole system. This can cut down on your heating and cooling bills as taking these steps can make the home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- How will weak spots in the roof be dealt with? Many homes have skylights, fireplaces, or other attributes. For traditional roofing materials, silence is applied to prevent the seams for each (and other potentially weak areas on the roof) to become spots where water can get in and do damage to your house. Talk to your contractor about their plan to deal with these issues. If your contractor does not have a plan, go somewhere else.
- Listen to the Metal Construction Association. They have a quality rating system for all aspects of a new roof installation from the metal shingles to the labor, to the metal roofing contractor and final products. Make sure everything meets up to their high standards.
Follow these tips and you should end up with a great roof that will suit your family for years to come.