When it comes time to do some upgrades around the home, one of the most common places people focus on is the bathroom. There is a lot that can be done with relatively little investment and work compared to doing a full home renovation. There are a few key things that need to be considered when you are planning a bathroom remodeling to make sure you have the budget necessary.
- The average cost of shower renovation is usually not all that much –unless reworking of the plumbing or other work such as new tiling or a bathroom expansion is also being done.
- The average cost to remodel a small full bathroom will essentially be the cost of the new fixtures and appliances you want to use since the size of the bathroom is not going to change.
- The average cost to replace bathroom appliances and fixtures can vary greatly depending on how fancy and modern you want to go with the renovations and new upgrades.
- The average cost to finish a bathroom will depend on how much work is being done and how many aspects of the bathroom are going to be updated and worked on during the project.
The best way to get the result and pricing you want is to work with a skilled and experienced contractor in your area.
Are you planning to remodel your bathroom? According to a survey was released by Houzz, 60% of homeowners who responded said they were planning to remodel their master bathrooms. There are many types of bathroom remodels but you can spend less on yours with these tips.
8 Bathroom Remodeling Tips:
- Plan everything in advance. There is a saying, “a failure to plan is a plan to fail.” One of the places that is the most true is in the remodeling world. If you make a thorough plan for your bathroom remodeling job at the outset, you will spend a lot less money. One of the ways you can do this is to acquire all of the materials and plan out your materials before you start.
- Buy a few focal point pieces. You may want to be frugal with many of the items you put in for your bathroom. If you buy a few really special and more expensive pieces to get the attention in your bathroom, you can make them the stars of the show and save money on this home remodeling job. These can include a nice new mirror or a shower curtain. Something that draws the eye to it.
- Apply fresh paint. In all of the types of bathroom remodels, painting the bathroom can yield impressive results. You may be surprised by how different the fixtures that you have had for years appear after a new color has bee added to the bathroom. When it comes to any home remodeling job, painting with new and fresh colors can make a world of difference.
- Get a new shower head. Think there is only one kind of shower head? Think again! You can create a bathroom that feels more like spa than a home bathroom with a new shower head. There are some beautiful shower heads that can add a massage or make your shower look like gorgeous rainfall. Look around and you may be inspired.
- Consider granite remnants. If you are looking to use granite for your counter, you may be able to find decent pieces at granite shops. They often will have smaller pieces after a bigger job and can give you a great deal on them. Rather than going to the shops, start by calling them and seeing what the options are. Remember, they cannot say yes if you do not ask. There are a lot of types of bathroom remodels so after they are finished with a big one, they may have what you need for yours.
- Skip the shower door. There are a lot of really nice shower curtains out there that will add elegance or fun to your bathroom remodeling job. Just like a nice, new paint job can change up a bathroom, you can always switch out your shower curtain to get a new color, design or pattern to really alter the look of your bathroom. The other thing is that when you use shower curtains, you can change the look more often. Maybe you want a different look for difference seasons. You can do that with shower curtains but not shower door.
- Comparison shop for your tile. Tile can be very expensive but it does not have to be. If you look around, online and in local stores, you may be able to find what you want for as little and one or two dollars per square foot. If you find some fancier tile to use as accents for the bathroom. In this area, less is often more. You will really highlight some tile if you only have a little bit of it.
- Consider furniture from another room for your vanity. There is no rule that says your vanity has to be a piece of furniture was was made to be a vanity. Look around your home, or at local second hand shops, for interesting looking furniture to use in your bathroom for your vanity. This may give your bathroom a fun and interesting look that you want.
There are many different types of bathroom remodels. All are unique to the home and the personality of the homeowner. You can and should make yours as unique as you.