This three day weekend in May is intended to be a time when Americans can honor those who have served in the military, as well as family members, who are no longer living. In addition to honoring those who have served and deceased family members, however, many people use the extra day off work to improve, maintain, or update their landscaping. And while some use the services of landscape designers, others tackle their landscaping projects themselves. Either way, improvements to landscape designs can improve the look of your home and business property, as well as increasing the value of your home.
Do You Have Landscaping Projects Planned for the These First Weekends of Summer
Whether you decide to tackle your next landscaping goals yourself on this three day weekend or you decide to schedule the services of a professional landscaping design team, your efforts and investment are worth it. Did you know, for instance, that 83% of Americans think having a yard is important. In addition, 90% of those people with a yard think it is important that this yard is well maintained.
A recent survey by Harris Poll for the National Association of Landscape Professionals interviewed more than 2,034 U.S. adults, age 18 and older, and found that 75% of Americans feel it is important to spend time outside in their yards. In fact, as more and more Americans realize the importance of staying physically fit and the benefits of spending time outside, yard work and landscaping efforts are growing in popularity.
When was the last time that you updated or redesigned the outdoor spaces on your property? Do you have back yard flower patches that need to be torn out and redesigned? Do you have front landscaping areas that are overgrown and difficult to keep looking nice? Every time that you make the decision to invest in the landscaping on your property, whether it be residential or commercial, you are making the decision to create benefits that will pay off in both the short and long term.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the landscaping industry and the projects that people invest in:
- Making a change to the front landscaping areas of your home often includes the decision to rip out overgrown shrubs and to plant new ones. Not all plants last forever, and knowing when it is time to start over is often the key to keeping a house looking its best.
- Approximately 97% of real estate agents recommend landscaping as a top five home improvement recommendation responding that a homeowner can expect a 215% return on investment.
- Juniper bushes, day lilies, and hundreds of other plants all have specific growing instructions and areas where they thrive the most. Professional landscaping services can help you find the right plants for your home.
- Over 50% of homeowners who are upgrading their outdoor spaces indicate that they spend six or more hours there every week. Relaxing, gardening, and entertaining are the top three uses of the space.
- Real estate agents often recommend that home owners refresh or upgrade their landscaping before they list a home for sale.
- In research provided by the real estate market, 97% of real estate agents recommend landscaping as a top five home improvement recommendation. Their research also indicates that a homeowner can expect a 215% return on this kind of investment.
- Monor landscaping improvements can still have a big impact.
- Petunias, marigolds, and other annuals can help add seasonal color.
- Resale values of homes can increase by as much as 14% following landscaping improvements
- Of those homeowners adding plants to their yards, 92% are selecting plants native to their region.
- Very small details can have big impact!
- Estimates indicate that 56% of homeowners are budgeting $10,000 or more on their current or upcoming outdoor projects where professionals are involved. In addition, 66% actually spent this amount on their most recent, but completed, projects (65%).
- Making sure that you get a warranty on the larger plants and tress that you use in your landscaping work is good advice.
- Every attention to detail can pay off!
- New perennials add drama!
- Today is the day to start improving your home’s curb appeal and landscaping!
- Spending as little as 5% of a home?s value on landscaping may get an Return on Investment (ROI) of as much as 150%.