For all intents and purposes, the family reunion was a success, but it was not without its challenges.
When a record number of family members show up for a reunion in a small town, the sleeping arrangements can get complicated. And while there are a few really nice places to stay, this year’s weekend included one of the families having to stay at Grandma’s house, a place that has been vacant for most of the last wight years. And while the temperatures were a little lower than normal, the fact that the air conditioning quit working on the first night of the three day weekend meant that it was time necessary to call in an air conditioning service.
It was not an inexpensive repair, but it made for a far more comfortable rest after long days of laughing and catching up with relatives. The best news of the whole weekend was that the air conditioning service technician was able to come as soon as he was called and that he was able to fix the problems and get the HVAC system back in working order.
Professional Air Conditioner Contractors Offer Valuable Services
AC repair professionals are busy every time of the year, but the summer is especially hectic. And whether you are looking for a fix for a home that is used very often or you are in need of an immediate repair on your home where you live all of the time, it is important to call an experienced air conditioning service.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the HVAC industry and the impact that it has on the comfort of individual property owners, as well as the nation’s economy:
- Improper equipment installation can decrease a home’s heating and cooling efficiency by as much as 30%.
- Once in the spring, before the hot season, and again in the fall, before the cooler weather rolls in, efficient HVAC systems require maintenance inspections twice a year.
- 25% of a home’s heat is lost through small holes and cracks.
- Making it the largest energy expense for most homes, heating and cooling account for about 48% of the energy use in a typical U.S. home.
- Thermostats are key to helping control heating costs. In fact, every two degrees a thermostat is lowered can save approximately 5% on a home’s heating costs. During sleep hours, thermostats should be turned down or turned completely off if the property owner’s health permits it.
- Homeowners should have air ducts cleaned every three to five years for maximum efficiency in cooling and heating.
Summer family reunions can be a lot of fun, but they are even more enjoyable if they are held in a cool and comfortable place. Sometimes this means that you need to call in a heating and cooling expert.