No matter the season, in the heat and snow, the HVAC contractor is the person you need when the house just can’t get to a comfortable temperature. Both the heating and air conditioning are managed by HVAC, with maintenance and service all year round. Both the air conditioning and the furnace can be serviced and maintained annually to improve the efficiency of your system, lengthen its life, and cut your energy bills drastically.
HVAC Contractors for Service
Air conditioning and heating repairs are surprisingly not the best reason to call an HVAC contractor. While service is essential when the heat or air conditioning goes out, preventative maintenance and service to your heating and air conditioning system can save energy and cost while increasing the life of your system.
Managing Your Air Conditioning with HVAC Maintenance
There is much to be said for the service and maintenance of your HVAC system and how it improves its life and performance. Take a look at some of these numbers:
- Regular maintenance to HVAC systems is shown to make them last 40% longer.
- Changing the filter every two to three months can greatly improve the efficiency of your HVAC system.
- Five percent of electricity produced nationally is from air conditioners, about $11 billion annually.
Furnace Maintenance is Also Valuable to HVAC Systems
Heating service and maintenance are also quite important to keeping up the efficiency and extending the life of your HVAC system. Considering the fact that heating usually takes up over 40% of a home’s annual utility bills, efficiency and savings are two issues with positive potential. Some tips on increasing the efficiency of your existing furnace include:
- U.S. regulations manage HVAC standards, requiring furnaces in northern states to have 90% efficiency and 80% in the south.
- Proper insulation alone can help increase the efficiency of your HVAC system up to 30%.
- Additionally, proper air sealing and thermostat settings can help lower energy bills by about 30%, in addition to insulation.
Considering the cost of HVAC system replacement in the event of an emergency, the service and maintenance of your existing heating and air conditioning unit is not something to ignore. While all of these things are important, like saving money and reducing emissions, there is also the ability to avoid the thousands of dollars it would cost in emergency heating replacement if your system were to break down in the middle of the winter. So, contact your HVAC contractor seasonally for service to keep things running effectively.