Studies show that the most popular definitions of a happy home are a space where you feel secure (69 percent), a place for relaxation (64 percent) and a space where you can be free to be yourself (57 percent). When it comes to making a home feel like a home, renovation is a way to put your own unique imprint on your place.
The interior design industry generates $10 billion annually as homeowners buy furniture, do remodeling projects or redecorate to spruce things up in a home. This is especially true of new homeowners. In a 2014 survey, millennial homeowners were just as likely to renovate their homes as other age groups and were driven by a desire to make a newly purchased home their own.
When it comes to remodeling, kitchen design is very popular. In fact, 76 percent of homeowners change the style of their kitchen during their renovation project. But as popular as kitchens are, bathrooms are important too. These seven tips can help you make the most of your bathroom remodeling project.
- Have a plan: Whether you’re looking to do a bathroom redesign as a DIY project or you’re willing to pay for it, bathroom design companies can help you come up with a workable plan. Whichever way you choose to do it, having a plan is going to keep your on schedule, help you budget money and give you an idea of how long it’s going to take. If you’re not much of a handy man, handing off the project to bathroom design companies can eliminate stress and save you time and money.
- Hang Mirrors: Mirrors can add character to a room, but keep in mind what they might reflect. Hanging a mirror in the right spot can visually expand a space and can also make a statement in a small space like a bathroom. A framed, full-length mirror for example can add a certain something to that room.
- Use what you’ve got: If a bathroom redesign is in your future, leave the plumbing alone. If you’re on a budget, having to locate your bathroom’s major utilities like the bathtub or shower and the toilet will cost you time and effort.
- Add color: Adding color to a room, whether by adding a new coat of paint or going with a unified color scheme can really liven it up. Depending on your tastes, you can color coordinate a room as much as you want and even have a different color scheme for each room of the house.
- Add texture: Depending on how you want to set up the bathroom, adding texture can add a lot to it. Adding touches like plants or rugs or furniture puts things in the room, things that people can see and touch.
- Let there be light: No matter how big or small your bathroom is, you’re going to need some light. It’s important to think about how much light and what type of light you want in the room. Try to find ways to bounce light off the ceiling to create a sense of brightness in the bathroom so you can see what you’re doing.
- Ask around: If remodeling isn’t your thing, bathroom design companies are more than willing to help liven up your bathroom or bathrooms. Bathroom design companies can give you ideas on what type of style you want or how a certain color scheme might work in your master bathroom. Reputable bathroom design companies are well-versed in all aspects of bathroom design and will know how to transform your bathroom or bathrooms into a room you’ll love, knowing what works best and what doesn’t work.
Whether you’re doing bathroom remodeling, kitchen remodeling or interior design, it’s important to have a plan in mind. Bathroom additions offer an average of 86.4 percent ROI, so if you’ve got a plan in mind, not only can you make your bathroom look great, it will also help increase the value of your home should you ever wish to sell it. Bathroom design companies can help you come up with a redesign plan that will add new life to your bathroom and help you put your stamp on your home.