Indoor plumbing dates back to at least the year 2500 B.C. But the kind of plumbing that we have in our homes is far more complicated than the systems that were initially used. It is important to make sure that the plumbing in your home will be reliable. Finding the best plumbing help is one of the first things that a home owner needs to do when they are thinking of any kind of addition or renovation. Even when you are purchasing an existing home it is essential that you find a local plumber to help you evaluate any plumbing system before you make a major investment. For instance, a Sacramento plumber can help you understand the strengths and weaknesses of a property before you put in an offer. Even new homes, in fact, need to be carefully considered. With the help of a Sacramento plumber, for example, you can find out if the new home you are considering is an area where the sewer system functions well.
Although there may be some other purchases that may seem significant at the time, most of us realize that buying a home represents the largest and most expensive purchase that you will ever make. For this reason alone, it is imperative that you get the opinions you need from plumbers, electricians, and other knowledgeable contractors.
Sacramento Plumbers and Other Contractors Can Help You Find the Home That Is the Perfect Investment
When we get ready to purchase a home we are too often focusing on the floor plans that are available, including the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, instead of looking at the inner bones of a home. A recent popular song, in fact, is not the only time when “The house don’t fall when the bones are good” is considered words to live by. When the lyrics of The Bones sung by Maren Morris refer to not only the Big Bad Wolf it is also important to note that these references are also talking about the real bones of a home, namely the foundation, the plumbing, and the electrical system. Making sure that a home has the best bones, however, is not easy unless you rely on the opinions of the best contractors. For example, Sacramento plumbers may know the best way to check the sewer systems in homes in the area. Likewise, a plumber in the Deep South can help potential buyers evaluate the purchase of a home that may be in a potential flood plane.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that a plumber can help you with a new home build, an older home purchase, or the renovation of a home no matter how old it is:
- Flushing the toilet consumes as much as 38% of the average U.S. household’s water usage, so it important to make sure that you get the help that you need so that leaks do not cause unnecessary waste.
- Worth $6 billion, a trillion gallons of water is wasted each year as the result of running toilets, leaking faucets, or other leaks.
- Even when a new home is built, America’s aging sewer systems can be problematic. These new homes, in fact, at some point come into contact with these sewer systems that are none to spill an estimated 1.26 trillion gallons of untreated sewage every single year.
- A leaky faucet that drips at the rate of even one drip a second can waste more than 3,000 gallons a year. That is the amount of water needed to take more than 180 showers.
- In comparison, a shower head leaking at 10 drips a minute wastes more than 500 gallons a year. That is an amount of water that is equal to what it takes to wash 60 loads of dishes in a dishwasher.
- Unfortunately, as many as 10% of U.S. households have leaks in their plumbing that can waste as many as 90 gallons of water a day.
Finding the plumbing advice that you need can help you make the best decision when it comes to building home, renovating a home, or evaluating a purchase of an existing home.