Just how important is your local air conditioning repair service? The HVAC company industry is actually probably a lot bigger than you expect, but it’s definitely one of those home repair industries that you really depend on.
If you aren’t sure what we mean here, consider the following facts:
- It’s estimated that around 66% of all homes in the U.S. today have air conditioners, and air conditioning units use up about 5% of all the electricity produced in the U.S.
- This amounts to a total of $11 billion in air conditioning costs — just in one country!
- High-efficiency air conditioning units are becoming more popular, luckily, which is a huge benefit in terms of energy savings and cost savings; it’s estimated that the average high-efficiency HVAC unit can reduce energy costs by about 20-50% when the AC is running.
- Even if replacing your air conditioning unit isn’t an option for you, you may still be able to benefit from an air conditioning maintenance service. Many homes built before the 1980s still have HVAC equipment that’s at least 20 years old, meaning that it’s pretty inefficient at this point and could be costing the homeowner a lot of money.
- Even though only 42% of all homes regularly maintain their HAC system with services from a professional air conditioning repair company, this is one of the best ways that you can keep your heating and cooling system running smoothly and safely.
It’s recommended that homeowners get their HVAC system inspected by a professional HVAC repair company twice a year — once in the spring for air conditioning, and once in the fall for heating. Remember, this truly is an investment that will only save you in the long run!