According to a Houzz survey of participating homes, 34% of all floors are hardwood. There are many advantages of hardwood flooring, and they all culminate to make the dining room the perfect place for this aesthetic style of floor. But what else can help elevate the elegance of a stunningly polished hardwood floor? Here are some dining room furniture ideas that contribute to the overall ambiance of your dining room.
- Table: The center of attention, the focal point of any dining room, and perhaps the most important piece of dining room furniture is the table. It should be made out of an elegant wood, regularly polished, and coordinated with the room’s color scheme. Not only is a dining room table a place where classy meals happen, but it is a work of art. Choose your table with respect and wisdom.
- Chairs: Chairs must match the wood used to craft the table. Many people resort to buying a table and chairs as a set to ensure they match perfectly. Pro tip: put comfort on equal footing with style. While the table’s job is to look pretty, making guests feel comfortable is incredibly important.
- Wine Racks: A key component to any classy dining room is decoration. Wine might not be for everyone, but a well-stocked wine rack can make for great social lubrication and contribute to the overall aesthetic.
- Chandelier: You don’t need to go over the top here. Too opulent and you risk people assuming that you’re pretentious. Simple, classy, and installed with a dimmer switch, a chandelier can really bring the focus to the meal and your lovely table.
- Serving Cart: Not only is this piece of dining room furniture an upscale touch to any dinner, it is darn useful as well. A nice brass or gold plated metal frame serving cart will accent the wood rich environment of your dining room wonderfully.
Designing a decadent and richly decorated dining room doesn’t end with the furniture. You will need paintings, china, and detail-oriented accessories to go along with it. And of course, the most important part of any dining room: delicious food. So, chef up some spaghetti bolognese with braised filet mignon in a port wine reduction and invite your friends to share a meal to remember.